Saturday 10 January 2015

A Thunderstorm and a Composer

Night of 9 January 2015 at Kroonstad, Free State Province, South Africa.

Majestic storm which I could see over 10km away, a magnificent play of lightning. Within two hours it was over me, I was waiting for it. Music was born as I photographed it, I actually "caught myself in the act" ... watching it the next morning (today it was), I heard a bit of humming. Didn't know I do it at times and recognized the music I heard during the storm.

I am amazed with one thing though, that right from starters I had the correct stuff (forgive me, I cannot think for the moment what all of it is called), I only had to change the tempo for that was a bit fast.

Alas, during all my amazement and going to bed eventually with this storm raging, people died by trying to drive down the subway which was under water, far too deep, it was but one meter from the top. Only a young boy survived.

This is an unnecessary tragedy.

While I was having all this music in me earlier the this morning, I ran to the shops and got my duties done, just to get back and begin work on this music. It was so strong. Then I met my niece and she told me about this terrible thing that happened. Apparently two motorcars.... just drove into this abyss of water. As we spoke together, it was apparently still a problem for who was going to remove the bodies from the vehicles. So very many hours later did I hear sirens then, too friggin late.

WHERE WERE THOSE WHO ARE RESPONSIBLE, THIS SHOULD NEVER HAVE HAPPENED

The cause of this water is carelessness from the municipality that does not maintain things as they should. The storm-water drainage became clogged up some years ago already, just because the streets are not kept clean, all the rubbish and even seasonal leaves are not swept and they cause all the clogging. I watched one day some years ago how a worker was raking out weeds from the compost that the waste became... right next to a drain.

(why must this be on my journey of music, this is a terrible sad song, all I wanted was to compose the magnificence of a thunderstorm)

A feeble part of the music that began in me, and began carrying sad notes as well as part of the storm...
A bit of it at YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment